vrijdag 4 november 2022

oprois by bike part 1

A while ago I got on my bike and left the Netherlands. Because I am getting questions about what I am up to I might try to publish an update here every now and then. This blog is also home to the brave traveler Anne. He might also post here sometimes.
Hereby an overview map of the trip so far.


Map of route and nights

As you can see I almost reached Slovenia by now. I had some detours, two in Switserland and one in the Dolomites. I also cheated a bit between Verona and Padua where I took a train to meet my friends. 
My initial plan was to reach Venice, this I did. Still there is energy in me and the going is good so there will be a continuation of cycling for the time being. 


Filip Kolar and me


Today started out very rainy. The rain was forecast to last all day. I booked a bed and breakfast for the night to be able to dry up a bit. By the time I reached the little town where the host would pick me up the skies cleared completely and the sun came out. While waiting in a little park I came across Filip who walked from Czechia. At least that is what he told me. He had no rain coat but just walked to keep warm. I told him about airbnb, warm showers, and couch surfing but he did not like to stay with people. He just camped in the wild and seemed perfectly fine. He took out a large travel solar panel, a big sigar, and a thermos with coffee and made himself comfortable. People like this make me reevaluate my own experiences traveling by bike and realize that anything is still possible. 




Drying suff and heating up

Before long I was following a Fiat up the mountain to the place where they would have a room for me to stay the night. It turned out to be a cute mountain village and I immidiately put all my stuff out in the sun. The weather next week is looking pretty good so I think I might reach Slovenia and Croatia!

Best, 
Chris


1 opmerking: